Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bridges Vision 09 Conference

All three of us traveled to San Diego for the Bridges International Vision 09 conference, December 27 - January 1.
It was Myla's first airplane ride... she was pretty good! Here she is, waiting for me to check us in... :)



Here's a picture of a group of us out on the town... the girl, Charlotte (from Hong Kong), who took the picture is hilarious. Her caption on facebook where she posted this picture is "Andrew is so sunshine!"


One of my favorite parts of the week was sitting in the back of the meeting room, looking at the hundreds of international students from all over the world, and watching them hear the gospel, learn about Jesus, and be challenged to take the next step in their spiritual journey.
This particular day, I got to listen to student testimonies, and my favorite was this girl's testimony. She is from a VERY closed Middle Eastern country. She told everyone there that a year ago, in her home country, her taxi driver gave her a Bible. "I was so afraid!" she said about receiving the Bible. Here she stood, a year later, a college student in America, telling a group of college students that God changed her life. She said meeting Christians with Bridges really helped her grow. She told us, "I don't know if God will call me back to my [my home country]. If He does, I'll go. But I might be killed." WOW. A sweet day to just watch the Body of Christ and be amazed at how big our God is. This is a picture of her, giving her testimony.

No comments: